- Dr Sitaridou and Dr Sağlam were awarded an Impact Grant by the University of Cambridge
for the project ‘Let’s speak Romeyka!’. September 2019
- Dr Sitaridou was awarded a Flexi Impact Grant by the University of Cambridge for the project ‘Learning Pontic Greek’: A Pedagogical Impact Project’. 2018-2019
- Dr Ioanna Sitaridou was awarded a Research Fellowship at the Center for Hellenic Studies at Harvard University for the project: The Evolution of Pontic Greek. Winter 2015.
- Cambridge Humanities Research Grants Scheme 2013/14. Awarded to Dr Ioanna Sitaridou for: The Romeyka Project: Support for website expansion. April-October 2014.
- Small Research Grant by British Academy (#SRG-102639). Awarded to Dr Ioanna Sitaridou as PI for the project: Continuity, contact and change: Documenting the morphosyntax of the Greek varieties in Pontus. April 2011- February 2014.
- Dr Ioanna Sitaridou was awarded the Stanley J. Seeger Visiting Research Fellowship in Hellenic Studies, Princeton University for the project: Continuity, Contact and Change: The Hellenic varieties (Romeyka) of Pontus. Spring 2011.